Certified Information Systems Security Auditor. Get Certified
Are you an internal or external auditor passionate about information systems security? Do you want to take your career to the next level and become a certified expert in information systems security audit? If so, the Certified Information Systems Security Auditor certification is for you. The Certified Information Systems Security Auditor certification is designed to validate your skills and knowledge in information systems auditing, control, and security. This certification demonstrates your expertise in auditing information systems, assessing vulnerabilities and risks, and developing effective security solutions. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of how to plan, conduct, and report on information systems audits in accordance with globally recognized standards and best practices.
Format: Multiple choice
Language: English / French
Passing Score: 70%
Renewal: After 3 years
Exam mode: online & proctored based
CISSA Self-Study Exam Prep
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- CISSA Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Hours of pre-recorded video courses
- Study tips and exam techniques
GECB CISSA Certification Exams
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- You pay no additional costs for 3 years
CISSA Learning System + Exam + 2nd Chance Exam with Membership
- CISSA Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included
- CISSA Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Hours of pre-recorded video courses
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
The Certified Information Systems Security Auditor (CISSA) certification is designed for professionals who wish to specialize in auditing, monitoring, and assessing the security of information systems. This certification provides individuals with the knowledge and skills required to effectively audit, evaluate and report on the security of information systems, while ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations. The CISSA certification covers topics such as network security, security policies and procedures, security management practices, security risk assessment, security audit and monitoring, and incident response management.
By earning the CISSA certification, individuals can demonstrate their expertise in information systems security audit, increase their credibility and marketability as security professionals. This certification can also lead to career advancement opportunities, as well as increased earning potential and you will be recognized as a trusted professional in the field of information systems security audit. More importantly, you will have the skills and knowledge to help organizations identify and mitigate risks, protect their assets, and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of their information. Take the next step in your career and become a Certified Information Systems Security Auditor.
Why getting certified
Getting CISSA certified, offers a number of benefits for senior level professionals looking to advance their careers in the field. Here are some reasons why getting certified is a smart choice:
- Industry recognition: The Certified Information Systems Security Auditor designation is recognized throughout the industry as a mark of excellence and a validation of your skills and expertise in IS security assessment.
- Improved job prospects: Employers often seek out experienced professionals with certifications, and earning your certification can give you a competitive edge in the job market.
- Enhanced skills and knowledge: Our Certified IS security Auditor program is designed to equip you with the tools and knowledge you need to excel in your role and take on leadership positions within your organization.
- Networking opportunities: Through our certification program, you’ll have the chance to connect with other IS security auditors and build relationships that can help you throughout your career.
- Personal growth: Earning your certification demonstrates a commitment to your profession and a desire to continually improve your skills and knowledge. This can lead to increased confidence, job satisfaction, and personal fulfillment.
Overall, getting certified is a smart investment in your future and can help you achieve your career goals in the exciting and rapidly evolving field of IS security.
To be eligible for our Certified IS Auditor program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Holding a bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited institution
- Having a minimum of three (3) years of experience in IS security, audit or related fields
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrating advanced knowledge and skills in IS security audit, such as through Completion of an approved CISSA training program or equivalent education
- Passing score on the CISSA certification exam.
- Being a CISSO certified in good standing
- Three (3) or more years of practical experience in IS security, audit or related fields
- Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from GECB portal, but we highly recommend doing the E-Course as maximum number of questions are drawn from the E-Course in the actual exam.
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 2: Purchase your CISSA bundle
- Step 3: Receive your personalized manual and study it deeply
- Step 4: Schedule your exam (day and time)
- Step 5: Get certified in case of successful completion
- Step 6: Receive your digital badge and premium certificate suitable for framing
- Step 7: Check your certification status at any time on the GECB website
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. For your certification to remain active in our registry, you must simply demonstrate minimum Continuing Professional Education (CPEs) or development and pay the required recertification fees (149 USD for 3 years). A new premium digital certificate is then issued by our Global Certification Board.
Module 1 Introduction to information systems security audit
Module 2 Information systems security risk assessment
Module 3 Developing an information systems security audit plan
Module 4 Auditing technical and non-technical controls
Module 5 Auditing network security
Module 6 Auditing application security
Module 7 Auditing physical security
Module 8 Auditing Confidentiality and data protection management
Module 9 Auditing Security incident management
Module 10 Auditing the business continuity and disaster recovery
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.