Certified Information Systems Security Officer. Get Certified
Are you an IT or non IT professional looking to advance your career in information security? Look no further than our Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) certification! The CISSO certification is perfect both for those who are just starting out in IS security and for experienced professionals who want to demonstrate their knowledge and expertise in information systems security. Join the ranks of top information security professionals, take your career to the next level and stand out in a competitive job market with the CISSO certification. Enroll today!
Format: Multiple choice
Language: English / French
Passing Score: 70%
Renewal: After 3 years
Exam mode: online & proctored based
CISSO Self-Study Exam Prep
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- Practice tests
- Exam Content Manual (PDF)
- Study tips and exam techniques
- Interactive Learning Tools
- Progress Tracking
- Discussion Forum
- Online Access Period (180 days)
GECB CISSO Certification Exams
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- You pay no additional costs for 3 years
CISSO Learning System + Exam + 2nd Chance
- CISSO Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included
- CISSO Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Hours of pre-recorded video courses
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) certification is designed to validate an individual’s knowledge and skills in developing and implementing an information security program. This certification covers essential topics such as risk management, incident management, access control, network security, cryptography, compliance and more. A CISSO is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of an organization’s information assets. The certification is ideal for professionals who are involved in information security management or are looking to transition into this field. It is also suitable for those who wish to enhance their knowledge and skills in information security. You’ll gain the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage information security programs, identify and mitigate security threats, and develop strategies for protecting your organization’s critical assets.
Why getting certified
Getting certified as a Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) provides individuals with the knowledge and skills required to effectively manage and secure information systems in an organization. With the increasing number of cybersecurity threats, it has become essential for organizations to have professionals with specialized knowledge of information security. By obtaining CISSO certification, individuals can demonstrate their expertise in the field, increase their job opportunities, and enhance their earning potential. Furthermore, CISSO certification can help individuals stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in information security, providing a competitive edge in the job market.
To be eligible for this tactical and operational level certification program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic understanding of information security principles and concepts
- No requirement for professional experience in information security
- Completion of an approved CISSO training program, or equivalent education.
- Passing score on the CISSO certification exam.
Alternatively, candidates may also qualify for the certification if they have a degree or higher education in any field or if they are currently enrolled in an IS Security program. However, regardless of the profile, each candidate must pass the CISSO certification exam.
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) Certification has no formal pre-requisites. Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from GECB portal, but we highly recommend.
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 2: Purchase your CISSO bundle
- Step 3: Receive your personalized manual and study it deeply
- Step 4: Schedule your exam (day and time)
- Step 5: Get certified in case of successful completion
- Step 6: Receive your digital badge and premium certificate suitable for framing
- Step 7: Check your certification status at any time on the GECB website
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. For your certification to remain active in our registry, you must simply demonstrate minimum Continuing Professional Education (CPEs) or development and pay the required recertification fees (149 USD for 3 years). A new premium digital certificate is then issued by our Global Certification Board.
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.