Certified Public Sector Auditor. Get Certified
Are you looking to make a real difference in the public sector? Do you have a passion for ensuring transparency and accountability in government organizations as well as ensuring the integrity of government programs and services? Are you looking to take your career in public sector auditing to the next level? Then, the Certified Public Sector Auditor program is made for you. As a CPSA, you will gain the skills and knowledge needed to effectively audit government entities, non-profit organizations, and other public sector entities.
Format: Multiple choice
Language: English / French
Passing Score: 70%
Renewal: After 3 years
Exam mode: online & proctored based
CPSA Self-Study Exam Prep
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- CPSA Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Hours of pre-recorded video courses
- Study tips and exam techniques
GECB CPSA Certification Exams
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- You pay no additional costs for 3 years
CPSA Learning System + Exam + 2nd Chance Exam with Membership
- CPSA Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included
- CPSA Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Hours of pre-recorded video courses
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
Certified Public Sector Auditor (CPSA) is a certification program designed to equip professionals with the skills and knowledge required to conduct audits in public sector organizations. The program is specifically tailored to meet the unique challenges and demands of the public sector, and covers a range of topics, including government auditing standards, financial statement audits, performance audits, and fraud detection and prevention. Our program is developed by experienced public sector auditors who understand the unique challenges and requirements of auditing in this field.
The CPSA certification is an indication that the holder has demonstrated mastery of the principles and practices of public sector auditing, and is capable of identifying, assessing and mitigating risks in a public sector environment. The program is ideal for individuals who work in government agencies, non-profit organizations, and other public sector entities that require independent audit services to ensure transparency and accountability in financial reporting.
Join the ranks of public sector audit professionals who have earned the CPSA certification and demonstrate your expertise and commitment to excellence. Enroll in the CPSA program today and take the next step in your career!
Why getting certified
Getting certified as a Certified Public Sector Auditor (CPSA) can be highly beneficial for those seeking to advance their careers in the public sector. This certification program is designed to provide professionals with a deep understanding of public sector audit concepts and practices, as well as the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively perform audits in the public sector.
Certification as a CPSA demonstrates a commitment to excellence and a dedication to staying current with the latest developments in the field. It also serves as an important differentiator in the job market, signaling to employers and colleagues that you have the expertise and skills necessary to succeed in public sector auditing.
In addition to advancing your career, CPSA certification can also help you make a meaningful impact in your organization by helping to identify and mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency, and enhance overall organizational effectiveness. By gaining a deeper understanding of public sector audit concepts and best practices, you can contribute to the development and implementation of effective audit strategies, policies, and procedures.
Overall, earning your CPSA certification can be an important step towards achieving your professional goals and making a positive impact in the public sector.
Here are the eligibility requirements for the Certified Public Sector Auditor (CPSA) certification program:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting, finance, audit or a related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience in public sector auditing, accounting or related role.
- Successful completion of an approved course in government auditing, such as the Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book) or equivalent.
- A passing score on the CPSA examination.
- Being CSIA certified
- The minimum experience requirement for this certification is one year.
- Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from GECB portal, but we highly recommend doing the E-Course as maximum number of questions are drawn from the E-Course in the actual exam.
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 2: Purchase your CPSA bundle
- Step 3: Receive your personalized manual and study it deeply
- Step 4: Schedule your exam (day and time)
- Step 5: Get certified in case of successful completion
- Step 6: Receive your digital badge and premium certificate suitable for framing
- Step 7: Check your certification status at any time on the GECB website
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. For your certification to remain active in our registry, you must simply demonstrate minimum Continuing Professional Education (CPEs) or development and pay the required recertification fees (149 USD for 3 years). A new premium digital certificate is then issued by our Global Certification Board.
Domain 1 Standards and principles of public Sector auditing
Domain 2 Frameworks for public sector auditors
Domain 3 Methodology and Techniques for public sector audits
Domain 4 Financial Auditing in the Public Sector
Domain 5 Performance Auditing in the Public Sector
Domain 6 Compliance Auditing in the Public Sector
Domain 7 Risk management in public contracts
Domain 8 Fraud detection and prevention in the public sector
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.