Certified Specialist in Internal Audit. Get Certified
Are you a new, aspiring or experienced Internal Auditors? Do you want to demonstrate your mastery of the principles, methods and tools for the effective execution of internal audit assignments? Are you ready to prove your proficiency in the internal audit field and take your career to the next level? Enroll today, start on the path to success and join the elite league of Certified Specialist in Internal Audit!
Format: Multiple choice
Language: English / French
Passing Score: 70%
Renewal: After 3 years
Exam mode: online & proctored based
CSIA Self-Study Exam Prep
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- Practice tests
- Exam Content Manual (PDF)
- Study tips and exam techniques
- Interactive Learning Tools
- Progress Tracking
- Discussion Forum
- Online Access Period (180 days)
GECB CSIA Certification Exams
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- You pay no additional costs for 3 years
CSIA Learning System + Exam + 2nd Chance
- CSIA Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included
- CSIA Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Hours of pre-recorded video courses
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
The Certified Specialist in Internal Auditing is an entry-level certification designed for individuals who are beginning their career in the field of internal auditing or experienced professionals who wish to enhance their knowledge in the area. This certification provides a solid foundation and a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of internal auditing, including methodologies, tools, and techniques, as well as risk assessment, internal controls, audit planning and execution. Candidates who earn this certification demonstrate deep knowledge and understanding of the internal audit process, and their commitment to professional development and growth within the field. This certification is a valuable asset for individuals seeking to build a career in internal auditing, as well as for organizations seeking to hire skilled and knowledgeable internal auditors.
Why getting certified
Getting certified as a Certified Specialist in Internal Auditing demonstrates a commitment to professionalism and a desire to enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of internal auditing. The certification program covers the fundamentals of internal auditing, including the standards and best practices for successfully conducting internal audit engagements based on assessment of risks internal controls. By obtaining this certification, you will be better equipped to contribute to your organization’s performance and objectives, and will have a credential that is recognized and respected by employers in the field. Additionally, certification may open up new opportunities for career advancement and higher salaries.
To be eligible for our entry-level Certified Specialist in Internal Audit, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic understanding of internal audit principles and concepts
- No requirement for internal audit professional experience
- Completion of an approved CSIA training program, or equivalent education.
- Passing score on the CSIA certification exam.
Alternatively, candidates may also qualify for the certification if they have a degree or higher education in any field or if they are currently enrolled in an internal auditing program. However, regardless of the profile, each candidate must pass the CSIA certification exam.
The Certified Specialist in Internal Audit (CSIA) Certification has no formal pre-requisites (Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from GECB portal), but we highly recommend.
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 2: Purchase your CSIA bundle
- Step 3: Receive your personalized manual and study it deeply
- Step 4: Schedule your exam (day and time)
- Step 5: Get certified in case of successful completion
- Step 6: Receive your digital badge and premium certificate suitable for framing
- Step 7: Check your certification status at any time on the GECB website
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. For your certification to remain active in our registry, you must simply demonstrate minimum Continuing Professional Education (CPEs) or development and pay the required recertification fees (149 USD for 3 years). A new premium digital certificate is then issued by our Global Certification Board.
- Section 1 Introduction to Internal Auditing
- Section 2 Internal Audit Ethics and Professionalism
- Section 3 Internal Audit Process and Methodology
- Section 4 Internal Audit Tools and Techniques
- Section 5 Risk and Internal Control Assessment
- Section 6 Business Processes and Controls
- Section 7 Advanced Internal Audit Topics
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.