The CMISS certification is in the senior category. By registering, you confirm that you meet the criteria established by GECB (Being CSISS certified and having at least 3 years of experience in a management position)
Certified Specialist In Information Systems Security
- 2679 (Registered)
Format: Multiple choice
Language: English and French
Passing Score: 65 %
Maintenance: After 3 years
Duration: 120 minutes
Delivery: Online (GECB exam platform)
Fees: Application fees (100 USD) and Exam fees (299 USD)
Information systems security, more commonly referred to as INFOSEC, refers to the processes and methodologies involved with keeping information confidential, available, and assuring its integrity.
It also refers to:
— Access controls, which prevent unauthorized personnel from entering or accessing a system.
–Protecting information, no matter where that information is, i.e. in transit (such as in an email) or in a storage area.
The detection and remediation of security breaches, as well as documenting those events.
Therefore, information systems security does not just deal with computer information, but also protecting data and information in all of its forms, such as telephone conversations. Risk assessments must be performed to determine what information poses the biggest risk.
The shortage of information security talent gives CSISS certified professionals a strong advantage in the job market.
GECB’s CSISS Certification aims to ensure that the holder has a broad base of knowledge covering a large variety of INFOSEC areas to ensure that they are able to effectively run an INFOSEC team and establish a cybersecurity culture.
If you are looking for the “gotta have it” cybersecurity program, then the Certified Specialist in Information Systems Security is for you. The CSISS will prepare you for multiple managerial roles inside the INFOSEC community by covering a broad range of topics. You will learn theories in security concepts, practices, monitoring and compliance in IS management.
A Specialist in Information Systems Security is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with business and industry standards. The CSISS certification course is an ideal way to increase knowledge, expertise, and skill for managers, auditors, and INFOSEC professionals.
Who Should Attend
* IS Security Officers
* IS Managers
* Risk Managers
* Information Systems Owners
* IS Control Assessors
* System Managers
* Government Employees
The CSISS (Certified Specialist in Information Systems Security) designation is the entry level certification for new or experienced IS security practitioners who have demonstrated deep understanding of security concepts, practice, techniques and have completed the online exam with a minimum score of 65%.
The CMISS (Certified Manager in Information Systems Security) is the strategic level designation for any CSISS certified who can justify a minimum of three years of practical experience as IS Security director, manager or equivalent senior level positions in the security function
Suggested Prior Knowledge:
* 1 year experience in 2 modules
* 1 year of experience in IS Management
- Step 1: Submit your online application (100 USD),
- Step 2: Purchase the CSMP exam (299 USD)
- Step 3: Receive the preparation guide and study thoroughly
- Step 4: Write to us to schedule your exam (day and time)
- Step 5: Get certified in case of successful completion
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. For your certification to remain active in our registry, you must simply demonstrate minimum Continuing Professional Education (CPEs) or development and pay the required recertification fees (100 USD). A new premium digital certificate is then issued by our Global Certification Board.
- Module 1 – Risk Management
- Module 2 – Security Management
- Module 3 – Identity Management
- Module 4 – Access Control
- Module 5 – Security Models and Evaluation Criteria
- Module 6 – Operations Security
- Module 7 – Symmetric Cryptography and Hashing
- Module 8 – Asymmetric Cryptography and Hashing
- Module 9 – Network Connections
- Module 10 – Network Protocols and Devices
- Module 11 – Telephony, VPNs, and Wireless
- Module 12 – Security Architecture and Attacks
- Module 13 – Software Development Security
- Module 14 – Database Security
- Module 15 – Malware and Software Attacks
- Module 16 – Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Module 17– Incident Management, Law, and Ethics
- Module 18 – Physical Security
Study & Prepare
You may study independently as all the materials are available for you to study. Alternatively, our accredited training partners offering online classes are available to see you through the certification process. After you’ve prepared, you can schedule to take your online exam .
PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Wire Transfer.
Curriculum is empty