To take any of the GECB exams in an online environment, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You accept GECB terms and condition.
- You accept GECB’s technology privacy terms, including exam and invigilating/proctoring rules, for sitting your exam.
- You are an adult (18 years old or more), with no criminal history, and are not subject to any sanctions/restrictive measures issued by the country in which you reside or hold nationality). Otherwise, GECB has the right to cancel your membership and certificates and report your information to the competent authorities in the event of any reportable violation, as per the regulations and laws governing the company’s work.
- The exam is invigilated/proctored in English or French only. GECB can provide you with the exam policy and the remote participant guide in the language you select for the program.
- Scheduling should be made at least 48 hours before the selected assessment time.
- You will have six months to sit for the exam, from the date of your application.
- Upon scheduling your exam, you will receive a confirmation email with important details about the exam.
- If you do not abide by the exam requirements, you will not be permitted to access or complete the exam.
- Corporate firewalls often cause issues when taking the exam and for receiving the necessary support. Please consider taking your exam in a setting without a corporate firewall.
- You can contact our support team to answer any relevant questions you have, and they will provide you with the necessary support before and during the exam (firstname.lastname@example.org).
On Exam Day
- Your computer/laptop should have a stable internet connection.
- Your webcam, microphone, and live streaming must be activated and must be working properly during the exam, and should not be turned off at any time during the exam.
- The only internet browser that should be used for the exam is “Google Chrome” latest Version.
- You should be ready for the exam at the scheduled date and time, logging into your exam 15 minutes early to start the check-in process and allow for any troubleshooting. If the streaming process takes more than five minutes, you should close all of your Google Chrome browsers and start the process again. And make sure you give the necessary permissions for recording your screen and desktop.
- After launching the exam process, you will be asked to show your ID; the ID must fulfil the following requirements:
- It is a governmentally issued ID.
- Valid (not expired).
- Shows your photo (clearly).
- The name on the ID should match your name on the application for the certificate.
- You should show your full workspace (in 360-degree view) when you are asked to show your workspace area to the invigilator/proctor.
- Reading Questions out loud is prohibited.
- Before your exam begins, you should close any program and application open in your Computer/laptop.
- Using mobile phones during the exam is prohibited
- Looking away from the screen is a violation.
- You are required to be in a closed room and have a clean and clutter-free workstation. No third party is allowed in the room for the duration of your exam, and no one can walk behind you within view of the webcam (e.g., an office with windows to a hallway).
- Before your exam begins, you should close any other programs or applications open on your computer or laptop.
- You are not allowed to leave the exam workstation for any reason.
- Food and drink (except for a glass of water) are not allowed during the exam.
- The use of (study materials, books, notes, rough paper, etc.) is also not allowed.
- Once the online exam is launched, no breaks are allowed, as you will not be permitted to leave the web camera’s view.
- If you get disconnected from the internet, inadvertently close your exam or something similar occurs that drops the connection, then these cases will be handled separately on a case-by-case basis.
- We understand that distractions may occur during the exam. So, we advise you to avoid any disruption that may arise. Choose the best place and time where there is a minimum disruption (e.g. no kids in the house or near you). Disconnect or mute your landline phone and mobile phone. Place a “do not disturb” sign on your door.
- Wearing spectacles/eyeglasses is permitted.
- The exam result (pass/fail) will be shown on the screen upon submission of your answers.
- Participants who pass the exam usually receive their premium digital certificate within 24 hours of completing their exam. It might take longer if the proctoring report shows violations which require a GECB Proctoring Committee decision
- In instances of exam policy violation, the committee may decide to revoke the candidate’s certificate, and cancel the candidate’s membership, regardless of the exam result. (Pass or Fail).
- Participants who fail the exam will receive a coaching report within 24 hours of sitting the exam.
- For some certification programs, GECB provides one exam resit (after 30 days of the first attempt) free of charge. Additional retakes will cost 250 USD for certain Assessments and 100 USD for other Assessments (as long as your membership is active).
- Candidates can reschedule their exams not less than 48 hours before their exam time (and for one time only). Extra rescheduling requests cost 100 USD.
Cancellation and refund
- We do not have this policy, due to our one free rescheduling option and our one free exam retake option.
All GECB exams are protected by copyright
- All GECB assessments are confidential and protected by copyright (registered under the name of Global Elite Council Limited. It’s prohibited to print, copy, share, or use the exam content in any manner.
Violating Exam Policy
- Candidates who fail to adhere to the exam policy are subject to disciplinary action by the proctoring committee which could lead to dismissal from the exam, invalidation of the exam or disqualification from future exams, certificate revocation, and membership cancellation.
We wish you good luck with your exam