Certified Specialist in Internal Audit
GECB- Certified Specialist in Internal Audit. Get Certified
Are you a beginner, aspiring or experienced internal auditor? Would you like to demonstrate your mastery of the principles, methods and tools needed to quickly take charge and carry out internal audit assignments in line with best practice? Do you want to understand the roles and responsibilities of the internal auditor and the contribution he or she can make to the risk-based governance and the effectiveness of internal control? Then GECB's Certified Specialist in Internal Audit (CSIA) certification is what you need to enter the field of internal auditing with ease and confidence.
Rightly regarded as the entry-level certification for internal audit professionals, the CSIA is designed to quickly equip internal auditors with the fundamental skills they need to effectively carry out their first audit assignments and quickly gain autonomy. It also constitutes an indispensable springboard for audit managers and senior auditors who aspire to obtain the precious CMIA designation (Certified Manager of Internal Audit) from GECB.
Format: Multiple choice | Language: English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese | Questions: 100 | Duration: 120 minutes | Passing Score: 70 % | Exam mode: online and proctored based | Renewal: After 3 years
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- CSIA Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Study tips and exam techniques
- Exam cost, not included
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- Study materials, not included
- CSIA Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center
- CSIA Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- No additional costs for up 3 years
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
The CSIA is a tactical level qualification designed for both individuals starting their career in the field of internal auditing and experienced professionals who wish to rapidly improve their basic knowledge and skills in this area. This certification provides a solid foundation and comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of internal auditing, including methodology, tools and techniques, risk assessment, internal control, engagement planning and execution. Candidates who achieve this entry-level certification demonstrate a thorough understanding of the internal audit process, as well as a commitment to professional development and growth in the field. This certification is a valuable asset for anyone seeking to start a successful career in internal auditing, as well as for organizations looking to recruit competent and knowledgeable internal auditors. The CSIA is also an important starting point for auditors who aspire, over time, to embark on more substantial, time-consuming and complex certifications in internal auditing or related professions.
- Earning the Certified Specialist in Internal Auditing (CSIA) designation demonstrates a commitment to professionalism and a desire to improve one's knowledge and skills in the field of internal auditing.
- The CSIA program covers the fundamentals of internal auditing, including the standards and best practices for carrying out internal audit assignments based on the assessment of risks and internal controls. By obtaining this certification, you will be better equipped to contribute to your organization’s performance and objectives, and you will have an important designation that sets you apart from the crowd.
- CSIA certification is also an excellent way to gain a confident introduction to the world of auditing and to prepare for more complex certification program. It can open doors to new career opportunities and lead to higher salaries.
- CSIA certification is also used to improve the audit culture within an organization by raising awareness and training auditees and operational staff, who very often have a negative perception of internal audit and the role and methods of internal auditors.
To be eligible for our entry-level Certified Specialist in Internal Audit, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Professional Experience: At least one (1) year of professional experience ideally in an internal audit or related role.
- Education: Hold an advanced degree from an accredited institution or equivalent. Candidates may also have a combination of education and work experience that demonstrates their ability to work at a professional level.
- Training: Self-study or completion of a training program recognized by GECB.
- Exam: Pass the supervised online CSIA exam.
- Alternatively, candidates may also qualify for the certification if they have a degree or higher education in any field or if they are currently enrolled in an internal auditing program. However, regardless of the profile, each candidate must pass the CSIA certification exam.
- The Certified Specialist in Internal Audit (CSIA) Certification require one year of professional experience
- Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from the GECB portal, but is highly recommended.
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 3: Purchase your CSIA bundle
- Step 4: Prepare for your exam through self-study or take a GECB-approved preparation course
- Step 5: Schedule your exam. GECB exams take place 4 times a year, every end of term. Additional windows may be requested by GECB-recognized partners.
- Step 6: Get certified in case of successful completion and receive your digital badge and certificate
- Step 8: Shareable and globally accessible: Your digital badges and certificates can be accessed and verified anytime, anywhere, on any device with an internet connection. You can easily showcase your achievements to potential employers, customers or colleagues, enhancing your professional reputation and visibility on a global scale.
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. To renew your designation, you need to provide proof of a minimum continuing professional development (CPD) and renew your membership to the GECB community of certified professionals by paying the required fees (149 USD). Your certification is then extended for three more years and a new premium digital certificate is issued by the GECB Certification Committee. No need to write the exam again.
- Section 1 Internal Audit Fundamental Principles
- Section 2 Internal audit and risk-based governance
- Section 3 Internal audit and effectiveness of internal controls
- Section 4 Engagement preparation phase
- Section 5 Engagement execution phase
- Section 6 Engagement completion phase
- Section 7 Engagement follow up phase
2023 Exam Windows
- March 25 or 31
- June 24 or 30
- September 22 or 30
- December 22 or 30
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.