Certified Public Sector Auditor
GECB - Certified Public Sector Auditor. Get Certified
Are you looking to make a real difference in the public sector? Do you have a passion for ensuring transparency and accountability in government organizations as well as ensuring the integrity of government programs and services? Are you looking to take your career in public sector auditing to the next level? Then, the Certified Public Sector Auditor program is made for you. As a CPSA, you will gain the skills and knowledge needed to effectively audit government entities, non-profit organizations, and other public sector entities.
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- CMIA Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Study tips and exam techniques
- Exam cost, not included
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- Study materials, not included
- CPSA Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center
- CPSA Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- No additional costs for up 3 years
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
Certified Public Sector Auditor (CPSA) is a certification program designed to equip professionals with the skills and knowledge required to conduct audits in public sector organizations. The program is specifically tailored to meet the unique challenges and demands of the public sector, and covers a range of topics, including government auditing standards, financial statement audits, performance audits, and fraud detection and prevention. Our program is developed by experienced public sector auditors who understand the unique challenges and requirements of auditing in this field.
The CPSA certification is an indication that the holder has demonstrated mastery of the principles and practices of public sector auditing, and is capable of identifying, assessing and mitigating risks in a public sector environment. The program is ideal for individuals who work in government agencies, non-profit organizations, and other public sector entities that require independent audit services to ensure transparency and accountability in financial reporting.
Join the ranks of public sector audit professionals who have earned the CPSA certification and demonstrate your expertise and commitment to excellence. Enroll in the CPSA program today and take the next step in your career!
Getting certified as a GECB Certified Public Sector Auditor (CPSA) offers a range of valuable benefits that can boost your career and enhance your professional capabilities. Here are some compelling reasons to consider obtaining this certification:
- Recognition of Expertise: CPSA certification demonstrates your advanced knowledge, skills, and experience in the public sector audit. It showcases your commitment to excellence and sets you apart as a qualified and credible professional in the field.
- Career Advancement: CPSA certification can open doors to higher-level positions and greater career opportunities. Many government organizations and NGO’s value certified public sector auditors as they possess the necessary skills to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and risk management.
- Competitive Edge: In a competitive job market, having a CPSA certification gives you a distinct advantage over other candidates. Employers seek professionals who have validated their abilities through recognized certifications.
- Enhanced Credibility: Earning the CPSA certification boosts your credibility among peers, clients, and stakeholders. It signals that you have met rigorous standards and adhere to best practices in the public sector audit.
- Global visibility: The CPSA designation allows you to showcase your expertise on a global scale through your digital badge and certificate accessible and verifiable anytime, anywhere, on any device with an internet connection. It can be highly valuable especially if you work for multinational organizations or aspire to work internationally.
- Continuous Learning: Pursuing the CPSA certification involves dedicated study and preparation, enabling you to expand your knowledge base and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the internal audit profession.
- Professional Network: As a CPSA-certified professional, you gain access to a vast network of fellow GECB certified public sector auditors. This network can provide valuable support, mentorship, and career opportunities.
- Industry Standard: The CPSA certification follows industry-leading standards and best practices, ensuring that certified professionals are well-equipped to handle complex internal audit challenges.
- Organizational Benefits: Employers benefit from having CPSA-certified professionals in their teams. It demonstrates their commitment to excellence in internal audit practices and can enhance the overall effectiveness of their audit function.
- Personal Growth: Obtaining the CPSA certification represents a significant achievement in your professional journey. It instills a sense of pride and confidence in your abilities, motivating you to continue growing and contributing to the audit profession.
Overall, our CPSA certification is a valuable investment in your career that can lead to increased job satisfaction, improved reputation, higher earning potential, and greater opportunities for personal and professional growth.
To be eligible for our entry-level Certified Public Sector Auditor, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Professional Experience: At least one (1) year of professional experience ideally in audit or other related fields.
- Education: Hold an advanced degree from an accredited institution or equivalent. Candidates may also have a combination of education and work experience that demonstrates their ability to work at a professional level.
- Training: Self-study or completion of a training program recognized by GECB.
- Exam: Pass the supervised online CPSA exam.
Alternatively, candidates may also qualify for the certification if they have a degree or higher education in any field or if they are currently enrolled in any auditing program. However, regardless of the profile, each candidate must pass the CPSA certification exam.
- Being CSIA certified
- The minimum experience requirement for this certification is one year.
- Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from GECB portal, but highly recommended
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 3: Purchase your CPSA bundle
- Step 4: Prepare for your exam through self-study or take a GECB-approved preparation course
- Step 5: Schedule your exam. GECB exams take place 4 times a year, every end of term. Additional windows may be requested by GECB-recognized partners.
- Step 6: Get certified in case of successful completion and receive your digital badge and certificate
- Step 8: Shareable and globally accessible: Your digital badges and certificates can be accessed and verified anytime, anywhere, on any device with an internet connection. You can easily showcase your achievements to potential employers, customers or colleagues, enhancing your professional reputation and visibility on a global scale.
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. To renew your designation, you need to provide proof of a minimum continuing professional development (CPD) and renew your membership to the GECB community of certified professionals by paying the required fees (149 USD). Your certification is then extended for three more years and a new premium digital certificate is issued by the GECB Certification Committee. No need to write the exam again.
- Domain 1 Standards and principles of public sector auditing
- Domain 2 Frameworks for public sector auditors
- Domain 3 Public Sector Audit Methodology and Techniques
- Domain 4 Financial audit in the public sector
- Domain 5 Performance audit in the public sector
- Domain 6 Compliance audit in the public sector
- Domain 7 Risk management in public procurement
- Domain 8 Fraud detection and prevention in the public sector
2023 Exam Windows
- March 25 or 31
- June 24 or 30
- September 22 or 30
- December 22 or 30
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.