How to Renew
How to Renew
The certification renewal process for GECB certified professionals typically involves the following steps:
1. Review Renewal Requirements: Familiarize yourself with the specific renewal requirements set by GECB for your certification. These requirements typically include completing continuing professional education (CPE) credits, renewing your membership, and any additional criteria specified for your certification.
2. Submit Renewal Application: Complete the renewal application form provided by GECB. This form may be available online in your GECB account or through a downloadable document sent to your email address. Provide accurate and up-to-date information about your professional development activities, including the number of CPE credits earned and any other requested details.
3. Pay Renewal Fees: Submit the required renewal fees as specified by GECB. The fees cover administrative costs associated with processing your renewal application and maintaining your certification status. Ensure that you make the payment using the approved methods and within the designated timeframe.
4. Take the Free Delta Exam (Optional): Depending on developments in standards and changes in your area of certification, GECB may offer a free delta exam as part of the renewal process. The delta exam allows you to demonstrate your understanding of the updated content or changes in the certification program. Take the delta exam, if applicable, to stay current with the latest information and ensure a comprehensive understanding of the certification domain.
5. Application Review and Processing: The GECB certification committee will review your renewal application and supporting documentation, including CPE credits and any delta exam results. The review process ensures compliance with the renewal requirements and verifies the accuracy of your submitted information. This may involve verifying the legitimacy of the activities and credits earned.
6. Certification Renewal Notification: Once your renewal application has been reviewed and approved, GECB will provide you with a certification renewal notification. This notification typically includes an updated certification document, membership card, or other relevant materials confirming the successful renewal of your certification.
Certificate validation. The certification renewal allows you to continually download a copy of your E-Certificate at no cost. GECB can also send it directly to your employer at any time.
It's important to note that the specific steps and requirements for certification renewal may vary depending on the certification program. Therefore, it is recommended to refer to each specific program information page or download the certification brochure on the GECB website or contact GECB directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the renewal process for your specific certification.