Certified Information Systems Security Officer
GECB - Certified Information Systems Security Officer. Get Certified
Are you an IT or non IT professional looking to advance your career in information security? Look no further than our Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) certification! The CISSO certification is perfect both for those who are just starting out in IS security and for experienced professionals who want to demonstrate their knowledge and expertise in information systems security. Join the ranks of top information security professionals, take your career to the next level and stand out in a competitive job market with the CISSO certification. Enroll today!
Format: Multiple choice | Language: English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese | Questions: 100 | Duration: 120 minutes | Passing Score: 70 % | Exam mode: online and proctored based | Renewal: After 3 years
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- CISSO Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Study tips and exam techniques
- Exam cost, not included
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- Study materials, not included
- CISSO Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center
- CISSO Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- No additional costs for up 3 years
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) certification is designed to validate an individual's knowledge and skills in developing and implementing an information security program. This certification covers essential topics such as risk management, incident management, access control, network security, cryptography, compliance and more. A CISSO is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of an organization's information assets. The certification is ideal for professionals who are involved in information security management or are looking to transition into this field. It is also suitable for those who wish to enhance their knowledge and skills in information security. You'll gain the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage information security programs, identify and mitigate security threats, and develop strategies for protecting your organization's critical assets.
Getting certified as a Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) provides individuals with the knowledge and skills required to effectively manage and secure information systems in an organization. With the increasing number of cybersecurity threats, it has become essential for organizations to have professionals with specialized knowledge of information security. By obtaining CISSO certification, individuals can demonstrate their expertise in the field, increase their job opportunities, and enhance their earning potential. Furthermore, CISSO certification can help individuals stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in information security, providing a competitive edge in the job market.
To be eligible for this tactical and operational level certification program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Participants must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Participants must have at least one (1) year of experience in information systems security or related fields
- Self-study or completion of an approved CISSO training program, or equivalent education.
- Passing score on the CISSO certification exam.
Alternatively, candidates may also qualify for the certification if they have a degree or higher education in any field or if they are currently enrolled in an IS Security program. However, regardless of the profile, each candidate must pass the CISSO certification exam.
- One (1) year of practical experience in information systems security or related fields is required
- Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from GECB portal, but is highly recommended
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 3: Purchase your CISSO bundle
- Step 4: Prepare for your exam through self-study or take a GECB-approved preparation course
- Step 5: Schedule your exam. GECB exams take place 4 times a year, every end of term. Additional windows may be requested by GECB-recognized partners.
- Step 6: Get certified in case of successful completion and receive your digital badge and certificate
- Step 8: Shareable and globally accessible: Your digital badges and certificates can be accessed and verified anytime, anywhere, on any device with an internet connection. You can easily showcase your achievements to potential employers, customers or colleagues, enhancing your professional reputation and visibility on a global scale.
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. To renew your designation, you need to provide proof of a minimum continuing professional development (CPD) and renew your membership to the GECB community of certified professionals by paying the required fees (149 USD). Your certification is then extended for three more years and a new premium digital certificate is issued by the GECB Certification Committee. No need to write the exam again.
- Module 1 Introduction to Information Security
- Module 2 Security architecture and design
- Module 3 Network security
- Module 4 Application security
- Module 5 Data security
- Module 6 Physical security
- Module 7 Cloud Computing Security
- Module 8 Security of connected objects (IoT)
- Module 9 Security in mobile environments
- Module 10 Security in remote work environments
- Module 11 Security Awareness and Training Programs
2023 Exam Windows
- March 25 or 31
- June 24 or 30
- September 22 or 30
- December 22 or 30
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.