Certified Compliance Specialist
GECB - Certified Compliance Specialist. Get Certified
In today's fast-paced business world, compliance is more important than ever. Failure to comply with regulations and standards can result in serious consequences for your organization. That's why we have designed the CCS designation to help organizations establish and maintain an effective compliance program within the financial industry. It's crucial to have certified professionals on your team who understand the best practices and can ensure your organization is meeting its legal and regulatory obligations. Join the CCS program and become a GECB Certified Compliance Specialist equipped to navigate complex compliance challenges, safeguard organizational integrity, and drive excellence in compliance practices.
Format: Multiple choice | Language: English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese | Questions: 100 | Duration: 120 minutes | Passing Score: 70 % | Exam mode: online and proctored based | Renewal: After 3 years
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- CCS Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Study tips and exam techniques
- Exam cost, not included
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- Study materials, not included
- CCS Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center
- CCS Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- No additional costs for up 3 years
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
The Certified Compliance Specialist (CCS) certification program is a comprehensive and industry-leading training designed to equip compliance professionals within the financial industry, with the knowledge, skills, and expertise required to implement and manage effective compliance programs.
The program covers a wide range of compliance concepts, including but not limited to ethics and financial integrity, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorism financing (CTF), vigilance with financial instruments and derivatives, customer due diligence (KYC), transaction monitoring, suspicious activity reporting, investigation techniques, compliance sanctions, FATCA, and other compliance requirements specific to the banking industry. With a strong focus on practical application, the CCS certification program aims to produce competent and proficient compliance specialists capable of addressing the ever-evolving regulatory landscape. It sets a new standard in compliance excellence, providing professionals with the tools to navigate complex regulatory environments and maintain ethical practices within their organizations.
The CCS certification includes rigorous assessments and examinations to evaluate candidates' understanding of compliance principles and their ability to apply the knowledge in real-world scenarios. Successful candidates will earn the prestigious Certified Compliance Specialist (CCS) designation from GECB, signifying their expertise and commitment to excellence in compliance management.
Getting certified as a Certified Compliance Specialist (CCS) offers numerous benefits for compliance professionals in the financial sector. Here are some key reasons to consider pursuing the CCS certification:
- Comprehensive Knowledge and Skills: The CCS certification program provides a comprehensive curriculum that covers essential compliance concepts, regulations, and best practices. By obtaining the certification, you gain in-depth knowledge and practical skills necessary to exceed expectations in your daily compliance tasks.
- Industry Recognition and Credibility: The CCS certification is recognized and respected within the compliance profession. It signifies your expertise and competence in regulatory compliance, setting you apart as a qualified professional in the eyes of many employers, clients, and peers.
- Career Advancement Opportunities: Holding the CCS certification can open doors to new career opportunities and advancement within the financial sector. Employers often prioritize certified professionals when hiring for compliance roles or considering individuals for promotions.
- Enhanced Professional Reputation: The CCS certification adds credibility to your professional reputation. It demonstrates your commitment to maintaining the highest standards of compliance and ethical practices, enhancing your professional credibility and integrity.
- Networking and Collaboration: Becoming a Certified Compliance Specialist allows you to join a network of like-minded professionals. You gain access to a community of certified compliance specialists, industry experts, and thought leaders, providing opportunities for networking, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
- Stay Updated with Regulatory Changes: The CCS certification program ensures you stay updated with evolving regulations and compliance requirements. You gain insights into emerging trends, industry developments, and regulatory changes, allowing you to adapt and implement effective compliance strategies.
- Continuous Professional Development: GECB offers ongoing professional development opportunities to CCS-certified professionals. You can engage in advanced training, webinars, conferences, and workshops to stay at the forefront of compliance practices and further enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Competitive Advantage: In a competitive job market, the CCS certification gives you a competitive edge over non-certified professionals. Employers value individuals with industry-recognized certifications, and it can give you an advantage when seeking new opportunities or negotiating salary and benefits.
- Personal and Professional Growth: Pursuing the CCS certification is a journey of personal and professional growth. Through the program, you challenge yourself, expand your knowledge, and develop critical skills that contribute to your overall career development and success.
- Commitment to Ethical Compliance: By obtaining the CCS certification, you demonstrate your commitment to upholding ethical compliance practices, financial integrity, and regulatory standards. It reflects your dedication to maintaining the highest levels of compliance within the financial industry.
In summary, obtaining the CCS certification offers a pathway to professional excellence, industry recognition, career advancement, and ongoing learning within the compliance profession. It equips you with the knowledge, skills, and credibility to excel in your compliance role and make a meaningful impact in the financial sector.
To be eligible for the GECB Certified Compliance Specialist program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Professional Experience: At least one (1) year of professional experience in compliance or related roles in the financial sector.
- Education: Hold an advanced degree from an accredited institution or equivalent. Candidates may also have a combination of education and work experience that demonstrates their ability to work at a professional level.
- Training: Self-study or completion of a training program recognized by GECB.
- Exam: Pass the supervised online CCS exam.
- The minimum experience requirement for this certification is one year.
- Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from GECB portal, but is highly recommended
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 3: Purchase your CCS bundle
- Step 4: Prepare for your exam through self-study or take a GECB-approved preparation course
- Step 5: Schedule your exam. GECB exams take place 4 times a year, every end of term. Additional windows may be requested by GECB-recognized partners.
- Step 6: Get certified in case of successful completion and receive your digital badge and certificate
- Step 8: Shareable and globally accessible: Your digital badges and certificates can be accessed and verified anytime, anywhere, on any device with an internet connection. You can easily showcase your achievements to potential employers, customers or colleagues, enhancing your professional reputation and visibility on a global scale.
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. To renew your designation, you need to provide proof of a minimum continuing professional development (CPD) and renew your membership to the GECB community of certified professionals by paying the required fees (149 USD). Your certification is then extended for three more years and a new premium digital certificate is issued by the GECB Certification Committee. No need to write the exam again.
Section 1: Introduction to Compliance Management
- Understanding the importance of compliance in today's business landscape
- Overview of key compliance frameworks, including ISO 37301
- Establishing a culture of compliance and ethics
Section 2: Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Identification and evaluation of compliance risks
- Implementing risk mitigation strategies and controls
- Developing effective compliance frameworks
Section 3: Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime Prevention
- Recognizing the impact of money laundering on global economies
- Designing and implementing robust AML policies and procedures
- Conducting effective AML risk assessments and transaction monitoring
Section 4: Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence
- Understanding KYC as a cornerstone of effective compliance
- Identifying and verifying customer identities to prevent financial crimes
- Handling high-risk customers and politically exposed persons (PEPs)
Section 5: Regulatory Compliance and Reporting
- Navigating complex regulatory landscapes in various industries
- Ensuring compliance with industry-specific laws and regulations
- Building effective reporting mechanisms and meeting regulatory requirements
Section 6: Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Tax Compliance
- Understanding FATCA provisions and implications for financial institutions
- Ensuring FATCA compliance and reporting obligations
- Managing tax compliance risks and challenges
Section 7: Sanctions and Embargoes Compliance
- Overview of international sanctions and embargo regimes
- Developing effective sanctions screening and monitoring processes
- Mitigating risks associated with sanctions violations
Section 8: Compliance Auditing and Monitoring
- Conducting compliance audits and internal monitoring activities
- Utilizing data analytics and technology for enhanced compliance oversight
- Identifying areas for improvement and addressing compliance gaps
Section 9: Ethics and Integrity in Compliance
- Integrating ethics and integrity into compliance decision-making
- Fostering a culture of integrity and ethical behavior within the organization
- Addressing ethical dilemmas in compliance roles
Section 10: Emerging Trends and Technologies in Compliance
- Staying updated on evolving compliance trends and challenges
- Leveraging technology and data analytics for efficient compliance management
- Preparing for the future of compliance in a digital age
2023 Exam Windows
- March 25 or 31
- June 24 or 30
- September 22 or 30
- December 22 or 30
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.