Certified Business Continuity Specialist
GECB - Certified Business Continuity Specialist. Get Certified
Is your business prepared for the unexpected? Are you confident that your operations can continue in the face of disruption? If you're not sure, it's time to get Certified. This program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to develop and maintain a robust business continuity management system that can withstand any disruption. With the CBCS certification, you'll be able to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities, implement effective business continuity strategies, and respond quickly and effectively to any crisis that may arise. Don't wait until it's too late. Get Certified with the CBCS program and protect your business from any potential disruptions.
Format: Multiple choice | Language: English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese | Questions: 50 | Duration: 60 minutes | Passing Score: 70 % | Exam mode: online and proctored based | Renewal: After 3 years
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- CBCS Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Study tips and exam techniques
- Exam cost, not included
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- Study materials, not included
- CBCS Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center
- CISSO Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- No additional costs for up 3 years
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
Disruptions to business operations can happen at any time, leaving your company vulnerable to significant losses. That's why it's important to have a robust business continuity management system in place. And there's no better way to demonstrate your expertise in this area than by becoming a Certified ISO 22301 Business Continuity Specialist (CBCS).
The CBCS certification program equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to identify potential risks, develop effective business continuity strategies, and respond quickly and efficiently to any crisis that may arise. With this certification, you'll be able to:
- Protect your business from potential disruptions
- Ensure continuity of operations in the face of adversity
- Maintain the confidence of your clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Enhance your professional reputation and career prospects
Whether you're a business owner, a consultant, or a professional in the field of business continuity, the CBCS certification is the ideal way to demonstrate your expertise and stay ahead of the competition.
So why wait? Enroll now in the CBCS certification program and become a GECB Certified Business Continuity Specialist. Stay prepared, stay certified, and protect your business from any potential disruptions.
Here's a list of reasons why getting certified as a GECB Business Continuity Specialist (CBCS) is important for you:
- Demonstrates expertise: The CBCS certification demonstrates your expertise in business continuity management and your ability to develop and maintain a robust business continuity management system.
- Increases credibility: Being certified as a CBCS increases your credibility with clients, stakeholders, and partners, who are more likely to trust your business continuity solutions.
- Enhances reputation: Having the CBCS certification enhances your professional reputation, highlighting your commitment to staying up-to-date with industry standards and best practices.
- Improves career prospects: Being a CBCS certification holder can lead to better career prospects, as many employers look for professionals with the necessary skills and qualifications to manage business continuity issues.
- Mitigates risks: CBCS certification holders are equipped with the knowledge and skills to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities, implement effective business continuity strategies, and respond quickly and efficiently to any crisis that may arise.
- Boosts competitiveness: In today's business landscape, being certified as a CBCS can give you a competitive edge over others who don't have this certification.
Overall, getting certified as a CBCS is an investment in your professional development, career growth, and business continuity management skills. It demonstrates your commitment to excellence and your ability to protect your business from potential disruptions.
To be eligible for our Certified Financial Crime Professional program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Participants must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. This program is complementary with the CRMS and CDRP certifications
- Experience: Participants must have at least two (2) years of experience in the business continuity or related fields. This may include experience in areas such as risk management, emergency response, or crisis management.
- Training: Applicants should demonstrate advanced knowledge in business continuity or equivalent standards, acquired either though self-study or completion of an approved CBCS training program or equivalent education.
- Examination: Participants must pass a rigorous exam that covers all aspects of business continuity management. The exam is designed to test participants' knowledge and expertise in the field, and ensure that they have the skills needed to effectively manage business continuity risks.
- One (1) year of practical experience in business continuity or related fields is required
- Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from GECB portal, but is highly recommended
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 3: Purchase your CBCS bundle
- Step 4: Prepare for your exam through self-study or take a GECB-approved preparation course
- Step 5: Schedule your exam. GECB exams take place 4 times a year, every end of term. Additional windows may be requested by GECB-recognized partners.
- Step 6: Get certified in case of successful completion and receive your digital badge and certificate
- Step 8: Shareable and globally accessible: Your digital badges and certificates can be accessed and verified anytime, anywhere, on any device with an internet connection. You can easily showcase your achievements to potential employers, customers or colleagues, enhancing your professional reputation and visibility on a global scale.
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. To renew your designation, you need to provide proof of a minimum continuing professional development (CPD) and renew your membership to the GECB community of certified professionals by paying the required fees (149 USD). Your certification is then extended for three more years and a new premium digital certificate is issued by the GECB Certification Committee. No need to write the exam again.
- Module 1: Introduction to Business Continuity Management
- Module 2: Risk Assessment and Business Impact Analysis
- Session 3: Business Continuity Strategies
- Session 4: Emergency Response and Crisis Management
- Module 5: Disaster Recovery
- Session 6: Business Continuity Plan Development
- Session 7: Business Continuity Plan Implementation
- Session 8: Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance of BCM Plans
- Session 9: Business Continuity Plan Audit and Certification
- Section 10 Implementing ISO 22301 standard for BCM
2023 Exam Windows
- March 25 or 31
- June 24 or 30
- September 22 or 30
- December 22 or 30
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.