Certified Disaster Recovery Professional
GECB - Certified Disaster Recovery Professional. Get Certified
Disasters can strike at any time - and when they do, organizations need to be prepared. The Certified Disaster Recovery Professional (CDRP) program is the premier certification for professionals who want to ensure their organizations are ready to respond to any disaster, from natural disasters to cyber-attacks. By earning our CDRP certification, you'll You'll learn the latest techniques and best practices for disaster recovery, and gain the confidence and expertise you need to ensure your organization can continue to operate in the face of adversity.
Format: Multiple choice | Language: English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese | Questions: 50 | Duration: 60 minutes | Passing Score: 70 % | Exam mode: online and proctored based | Renewal: After 3 years
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- CDRP Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Study tips and exam techniques
- Exam cost, not included
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- Study materials, not included
- CDRP Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center
- CDRP Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- No additional costs for up 3 years
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
The Certified Disaster Recovery Professional (CDRP) program is a comprehensive certification designed to equip professionals with the knowledge, skills, and expertise they need to develop and implement effective disaster recovery plans. You will gain the knowledge and skills you need to plan for any disaster, from hurricanes and earthquakes to cyber-attacks and data breaches, develop and implement effective disaster recovery plans, and to lead your organization's response in the event of a crisis. CDRP-certified professionals are equipped with the tools they need to lead their organizations through any situation.
The CDRP program covers a wide range of topics, from risk assessment and business continuity planning to crisis communication and emergency response. Participants will learn the latest techniques and best practices for disaster recovery, as well as the critical soft skills needed to lead their teams through challenging times. The program is designed for professionals at all levels of an organization, from entry-level staff to senior managers.
By earning their CDRP certification, professionals will demonstrate their commitment to excellence in disaster recovery planning and preparation. They will gain a deep understanding of the complexities and challenges involved in disaster recovery, and be able to apply that knowledge to protect their organizations and their clients. The CDRP program is recognized by leading organizations in the disaster recovery field, and is a valuable credential for professionals seeking to advance their careers in this important area.
Overall, the Certified Disaster Recovery Professional (CDRP) program is a must-have certification for any professional looking to develop their skills and expertise in disaster recovery planning and management. With its comprehensive curriculum, practical focus, and industry recognition, the CDRP program is the ideal choice for professionals seeking to make a difference in their organizations and in their communities.
There are several compelling reasons why getting certified as a Certified Disaster Recovery Professional (CDRP) is a smart move for professionals in this field.
Firstly, the CDRP certification demonstrates a high level of knowledge, skills, and expertise in disaster recovery planning and management. It provides a recognized standard of excellence in the field, and signals to employers and clients that you have the skills and expertise needed to effectively manage disaster recovery situations.
Secondly, the CDRP program covers a wide range of topics related to disaster recovery. Participants will then gain a comprehensive understanding of the entire disaster recovery process, from initial planning and preparation to post-disaster recovery efforts.
Thirdly, earning a CDRP certification can lead to increased career opportunities and advancement. As more organizations recognize the importance of disaster recovery planning, there is a growing need for professionals with the knowledge and expertise to manage these efforts. By earning your CDRP certification, you can position yourself as a leading expert in the field, and open up new career opportunities and higher-paying positions.
Finally, by earning your CDRP certification, you will be able to make a real difference in your organization and community. In times of crisis, effective disaster recovery planning and management can be the difference between success and failure. By equipping yourself with the skills and expertise needed to lead these efforts, you can help protect your organization and ensure the safety and well-being of those around you.
Overall, the Certified Disaster Recovery Professional (CDRP) certification is a smart choice for anyone looking to advance their career in disaster recovery planning and management. By gaining a comprehensive understanding of the entire disaster recovery process, and earning a recognized standard of excellence in the field, you can position yourself as a leading expert and make a real difference in your organization and community.
The eligibility requirements for the Certified Disaster Recovery Professional (CDRP) program typically include the following:
- Education: Participants must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. This program is complementary with the CRMS and CBCS certifications
- Experience: Participants must have at least two (2) years of experience in the disaster recovery or business continuity field. This may include experience in areas such as risk management, emergency response, or crisis communication.
- Training: Applicants should demonstrate advanced knowledge in disaster recovery or equivalent standards, such as though self-study or completion of an approved CDRP training program or equivalent education.
- Examination: Participants must pass a rigorous exam that covers all aspects of disaster recovery planning and management. The exam is designed to test participants' knowledge and expertise in the field, and ensure that they have the skills needed to effectively manage disaster recovery situations.
Overall, the Certified Disaster Recovery Professional (CDRP) program is designed for experienced professionals who have a solid understanding of the disaster recovery field, and are looking to advance their knowledge and expertise in this area. By meeting the program's rigorous eligibility requirements, participants can gain a comprehensive understanding of the entire disaster recovery process, and earn a recognized standard of excellence in the field.
- Being a CRMS and CBCS
- Two years of practical experience in risk management or related fields is required
- Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from GECB portal, but is highly recommended
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 3: Purchase your CDRP bundle
- Step 4: Prepare for your exam through self-study or take a GECB-approved preparation course
- Step 5: Schedule your exam. GECB exams take place 4 times a year, every end of term. Additional windows may be requested by GECB-recognized partners.
- Step 6: Get certified in case of successful completion and receive your digital badge and certificate
- Step 8: Shareable and globally accessible: Your digital badges and certificates can be accessed and verified anytime, anywhere, on any device with an internet connection. You can easily showcase your achievements to potential employers, customers or colleagues, enhancing your professional reputation and visibility on a global scale.
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. To renew your designation, you need to provide proof of a minimum continuing professional development (CPD) and renew your membership to the GECB community of certified professionals by paying the required fees (149 USD). Your certification is then extended for three more years and a new premium digital certificate is issued by the GECB Certification Committee. No need to write the exam again.
- Module 1 Introduction to Disaster Recovery
- Module 2 Disaster Recovery Planning Process
- Module 3 Disaster Recovery Plan Development
- Module 4 Disaster Recovery Strategies
- Module 5 Roles and Responsibilities of the Disaster Recovery Team
- Module 6 Communication Strategies for Disaster Recovery
- Module 7 Disaster Recovery Training, testing and Exercises
- Module 8 Continuous Improvement in Disaster Recovery Management
2023 Exam Windows
- March 25 or 31
- June 24 or 30
- September 22 or 30
- December 22 or 30
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.