Certified Internal Control and Risk Professional
GECB - Certified Internal Control and Risk Professional. Get Certified
In today's dynamic business environment, organizations face ever-evolving risks, challenges, and regulatory requirements. As a result, the need for qualified internal control professionals has never been greater. It has become crucial for professionals to master the art of risk identification, assessment, and mitigation while implementing robust internal control systems to safeguard their organizations.
The Certified Internal Control and Risk Professional (CICRP) certification is a cutting-edge program developed to meet the growing demand for skilled professionals who can navigate the complex landscape of risk management and internal control effectively.
Format: Multiple choice | Language: English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese | Questions: 100 | Duration: 120 minutes | Passing Score: 70 % | Exam mode: online and proctored based | Renewal: After 3 years
- Personalized digital books (Newest edition)
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exam, learning activities and resource center (instructor support not included)
- CICRP Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- Study tips and exam techniques
- Exam cost, not included
- Your Exam is online and proctored based
- Use a webcam and a reliable internet connection
- Take your exam anywhere and anytime
- Get results immediately
- Receive your digital badge and share your achievement instantly
- Use your premium certification right away
- Access our certification registry anytime for online verification
- Study materials, not included
- CICRP Learning System and exam voucher
- 2nd Chance Exam (restrictions apply)
- Digital books, online quizzes and test with immediate feedback
- Online study tools with quizzes, practice exams, learning activities and resource center
- CICRP Exam Content Manual (ECM)
- No additional costs for up 3 years
- A digital badge and premium certificate
- Up to 3 years of certification validity (Renewable)
The Certified Internal Control and Risk Professional (CICRP) program is designed to demonstrate a candidate's expertise in the field of internal controls and risk management. As companies are facing new challenges when it comes to managing risk and maintaining effective internal control systems, our certification validates the skills and knowledge needed to effectively design, implement, and maintain risk based internal controls in an organization's operations. The CICRP certification covers topics such as internal control systems, risk assessment, 3 levels of the pyramid of controls, and control frameworks. You'll demonstrate to employers that you have the expertise necessary to design, implement, and maintain effective internal controls through appropriate identification, assessment, and management of risks. Thereby helping organizations deal with internal control abuses and poorly designed controls, as well as provide assurance to stakeholders that the organization's internal control systems are effective and reliable.
Getting CICRP certified offers numerous benefits for professionals looking to excel in the fields of risk management and internal control. Here are some compelling reasons to consider obtaining the Certified Internal Control and Risk Professional (CICRP) certification:
- Enhanced Risk Management Knowledge: CICRP certification equips you with a comprehensive understanding of risk management principles and practices. You will learn how to identify, assess, and mitigate risks effectively, making you a valuable asset to organizations seeking to proactively manage potential threats.
- Expertise in Internal Control: With CICRP certification, you will gain expertise in designing, implementing, and maintaining robust internal control systems. This knowledge is crucial for ensuring compliance, preventing fraud, and safeguarding assets in today's complex business environment.
- Industry Distinction: As an entry level certification CICRP is endorsed by GECB, a leading private certification body. It demonstrates your commitment to professional development and showcases your expertise to employers, clients, and peers in the industry.
- Career Advancement: CICRP certification can open doors to new career opportunities and advancement within your organization. Employers value professionals with specialized skills in risk management and internal control, and CICRP certification can set you apart from the competition.
- Global Opportunities: CICRP may allow you to pursue career opportunities in various industries and countries as your certified status is permanently verifiable online. It provides you with a competitive edge in the international job market.
- Greater Earning Potential: CICRP-certified professionals often command higher salaries than their non-certified counterparts due to their specialized knowledge and skills in internal control and risk.
- Networking Opportunities: GECB's certification programs offer networking opportunities with a diverse community of professionals. You can connect with like-minded individuals, share knowledge, and collaborate on industry-related challenges.
- Continuous Professional Development: CICRP certification encourages continuous learning and development. By staying up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in risk management and internal control, you can maintain your professional relevance and stay ahead in your career.
- Career Flexibility: CICRP certification is relevant across various industries, including finance, healthcare, technology, and more. As a CICRP-certified professional, you have the flexibility to explore different career paths and industries.
- Making a Difference: As a CICRP-certified professional, you will have the expertise to contribute significantly to your organization's success. Your ability to proactively implement effective risk-based internal controls can help organizations thrive in challenging business environments.
Overall, obtaining CICRP certification demonstrates your dedication to excellence in risk management and internal control. It is a strategic investment in your career that can lead to personal growth, professional recognition, and increased opportunities for advancement in the ever-evolving field of risk management and internal control.
To be eligible for our Certified Internal Control and Risk Professional program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Professional Experience: At least one (1) year of professional experience ideally in an internal control, risk management or related role.
- Education: Hold an advanced degree from an accredited institution or equivalent. Candidates may also have a combination of education and work experience that demonstrates their ability to work at a professional level.
- Training: Self-study or completion of a training program recognized by GECB.
- Exam: Pass the supervised online CSIA exam.
- One (1) or more years of practical experience in internal control, risk, audit or related fields
- Completion of an E-Course is not mandatory from GECB portal, but is highly recommended
Application and exam
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- Step 2: Choose your learning option
- Step 3: Purchase your CICRP bundle
- Step 4: Prepare for your exam through self-study or take a GECB-approved preparation course
- Step 5: Schedule your exam. GECB exams take place 4 times a year, every end of term. Additional windows may be requested by GECB-recognized partners.
- Step 6: Get certified in case of successful completion and receive your digital badge and certificate
- Step 8: Shareable and globally accessible: Your digital badges and certificates can be accessed and verified anytime, anywhere, on any device with an internet connection. You can easily showcase your achievements to potential employers, customers or colleagues, enhancing your professional reputation and visibility on a global scale.
Each GECB certificate is valid for three (3) years. To renew your designation, you need to provide proof of a minimum continuing professional development (CPD) and renew your membership to the GECB community of certified professionals by paying the required fees (149 USD). Your certification is then extended for three more years and a new premium digital certificate is issued by the GECB Certification Committee. No need to write the exam again.
- Module 1 Introduction to Internal Control
- Module 2 Internal Control Roles and Responsibilities
- Module 3 Risk Assessment and Analysis
- Module 4 Designing and Implementing Internal Controls Level 1
- Module 5 Designing and Implementing Internal Controls Level 2
- Module 6 Designing and Implementing Internal Controls Level 3
- Module 7 Monitoring and Reporting on Internal Control Systems
- Module 8 Internal Control Frameworks and Standards
2023 Exam Windows
- March 25 or 31
- June 24 or 30
- September 22 or 30
- December 22 or 30
Learning options for any study style
Ideal for self-starters and those with unpredictable schedules. The self-study option means you can learn on your own anytime, day or night — whatever best accommodates your schedule. The Learning System includes both digital books and access to an online, interactive platform. Contact us.
Ideal for individuals who prefer a structured study environment. Instructor-led classes are offered by approved GECB partners worldwide. These traditional classes combine the Learning System with the guidance of a GECB-recognized instructor and provide valuable peer discussion and networking. Contact us.
Ideal for those who want instructor support but can’t attend classes at a set time. Instructor-supported online classes are offered either through pre-recorded video courses or personalized assistance. You may be assigned one instructor for the duration of your program, but there is no required meeting time, so you can complete assignments on your own schedule. Contact us.
Corporate and group
Ideal for small and large groups for self-study or instructor-led classes. We’ll help you organize groups of self-study or instructor-led classes virtually. Whether participants are local to one site or geographically dispersed, structured learning and online group reporting will help track progress and optimize your training investment. Contact us.